|POSITION:||Administrative Assistant to the Principal|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School seeks an Administrative Assistant to the Principal.
Are you hard-working and passionate about accompanying urban scholars on the journey through college to career?
Are you inspired by the transformative capacity of an innovative, culturally relevant Jesuit education?
Are you efficient, communicative, and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time?
If so, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School needs your talent to enrich our supportive, college-bound learning community, serve families who embrace bold dreams for their children, and inspire students to lead through service with others.
About Cristo Rey Jesuit
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of a national network of 38 high schools transforming urban education through a unique integration of college-prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a focus on students of limited financial means. At CRJ’s new $35 million Clarke Square campus, just across the Menomonee Valley from Marquette University, Cristo Rey serves a diverse student body of approximately 425 young men and women and 250 alumni. Students attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting one day per week through our Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). It is the collective mission of our staff to provide our students with a Jesuit education that ensures they gain admission to — and ultimately graduate from — college.
The Administrative Assistant to the Principal (AATP) provides key support to the principal’s office and academic leadership team (ALT) and coordinates with a range of school stakeholders to help ensure strong school programs.
- Support the principal in communicating and meeting with stakeholders and managing the work of the school.
- Coordinate the principal’s schedule; ensure the principal’s office is well organized and operating efficiently.
- Support the principal with written and spoken communication to staff, students, and the community.
- Help coordinate parent events and parent volunteers, and help train parents on school communication tools.
- Provide a range of English and Spanish parent communication for the principal; translate at parent meetings.
- Support the hiring process, including communicating with applicants and coordinating interview schedules.
- Coordinate events that celebrate staff, enhance staff climate, and support staff retention.
- Help prepare for and host visitors, including for accreditation and sponsorship reviews.
- Support student- and alumni-focused events, such as assembly, Prom, graduation, receptions, & ceremonies.
- Maintain the security of private information and information related to organizational assets.
- Serve as the Advanced Placement (AP) Coordinator, supporting AP enrollment, registration and testing.
- Assist the Principal and ALT in processes related to the use of federal Title resources.
- Provide periodic front office coverage when staffing needs arise.
- Coordinate and support projects as assigned by the Principal.
This is a full-time, 12-month, salaried position with full benefits. The AATP reports to the Principal.
(See below for qualifications and how to apply.)
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School encourages applicants of all backgrounds and provides equal employment opportunities to applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, intellectual curiosity, openness to growth, optimism, and zest that are central to the character of our team. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, including writing and speaking in Spanish and English
- Strong personal organization and task management skills
- Strong judgment and integrity with sensitive school information
- Proficiency using technology to communicate and organize information
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Full vaccination against Covid-19
To apply, attach of the following to and email to Teach@CristoReyMilwaukee.org, and include the position (Administrative Assistant to the Principal) in the subject line.
- Cover letter that briefly summarizes your interest in and readiness for the position
- Contact information for three professional references (email and phone number)