|POSITION:||Director, Corporate Work Study Program|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
CORPORATE WORK STUDY PROGRAM:
The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) is a unique feature of the Cristo Rey model. The CWSP is a subsidiary employment agency that trains students for entry –level employment and markets their services to local clients. This enables all students to earn most of the cost of their education through a job-sharing partnership with their classmates to cover full-time positions. Cristo Rey students provide service to over 70 companies in the Milwaukee area, find mentors and forge networks so support future success. A critical component to every Cristo Rey student’s education, the CWSP bridges their corporate and classroom experiences through explicit curricular programming.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Director oversees all work study activities, including overall policy, job procurement strategy, operations, administration and budget. The Director demonstrates a strong skill set to develop and manage a variety of projects from visioning to implementation. The Director is a member of the school’s leadership team and works collaboratively with the school to meet the objectives of the school and work program. This position reports to the Cristo Rey Jesuit High School President.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Corporate Work Study is responsible for:
- Securing work-study jobs for all enrolled students at local companies
- Overseeing the placement, training, supervision, transportation and evaluation of our students at these firms.
- Owning and nurturing the relationship with the corporate sponsors with the goal of renewing sponsors for the following year
- Supervising staff and volunteers.
- Overseeing all matters of legal compliance
- Ad hoc projects assigned by the President.
Cristo Rey Jesuit Corporate Work Study Program , Inc.:
- Serves as Director of the 509a3 Public Charity which contracts with sponsors to employ students in Cristo Rey Jesuit High School’s Work-Study Program
- Oversees all financial activities for the Work-Study program and Public Charity, including preparing budget, contracting with sponsors, approving payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and remitting Work-Study sponsor fees
- Hires and supervises all staff in the Work-Study Program
- Collaborates with the Principal and school faculty to enhance curricular connections between what the students learn in the classroom and in the workplace to improve performance in both settings.
Corporate Partner Administration:
- Manages complex sales cycle to attract new corporate Work Study partners.
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with existing partners in order to retain work study placements for all students.
- Serves as coordinator to the Work Study Board of Directors to identify new, highly connected members to assist in identifying, and generating qualified leads for new job opportunities for the student workers.
- Oversees CWSP staff annual site visits with clients, with the goal of gaining knowledge about the value our students add to their business and how we can improve our service.
- In collaboration with the Principal, approve students for admission and dismissal and oversee Corporate Work Study component of the admissions process
- Provides oversight of the development and implementation of the program policies related to student work study placement, scheduling, timekeeping and evaluation processes
- Provides oversight of the development and implementation of the annual Summer Institute job preparation/training program for new students
- Oversee the placement of student workers in consultation with the work-study staff and key school staff.
- Establish and continuously improve the process of obtaining continuous feedback from students on their experience at work.
- Develop a comprehensive retraining program for students who are dismissed from their work position.
- Develop an on-going training program for students to continuously upgrade their skills (hard & soft) recognizing that there are time constraints for delivering the content. This will require a creative and innovative approach.
- Maintains student data on job placement and performance.
- Supervise the transportation program to transport students to up to 100 job sites around the greater metropolitan area daily.
- Oversees hiring, supervision and dismissal of seasonal van drivers, van route creation and driver route assignment.
- Ensures vans are maintained and serviced for optimum safety and efficiency.
- Oversees I-9 form documentation and E-Verify (if mandated in particular state)
- Maintains documentation for Department of Labor ruling compliance
- Reports to the President, serves as a member of the Management Team along with the Principal, Vice President for Strategic Growth, Business Manager, Admissions Director and Development Director; provides input to the President on operations, policies, budget and other issues
- Represents Cristo Rey Jesuit Corporate Work-Study, Inc. on various school and Board of Director committees
- Implements directives of the Board as delegated by the President
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales and business administration, including staff supervision.
- Current high-level Milwaukee corporate connections
- Successful leadership and management experience, preferably in the corporate world.
- History of success in meeting sales and performance goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in customer service, retention processes and systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate staff members. Thrives in a team focused environment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up organization
- Creativity and entrepreneurial attitude
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is helpful but not required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and efficiently as an individual
- Flexibility and adaptability as school operations develop
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of CRJHS.
- Ability to communicate well with both Cristo Rey Jesuit students and parents
- Desire to work with high school students
- Ability to work flexible hours within a 40 hour work week as needed
- Ability to work in a faith-based organization
- Valid driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
- Physical Requirements – Ability to lift 25 lbs.
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a letter stating personal intent,
- a comprehensive resume, to:
Mr. John Pandl, Human Resources Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org